Thursday, December 13, 2012

Weird Childhood Crushes, Serial Killers and Masks


So, Dexter is coming to an end, and I've decided to dedicate this post to him. No need to be alarmed though, there won't be any spoilers, just some QQing about how much I love Dexter and don’t want it to end, and some random thoughts on serial killers, I guess.

Call me weird but ever since I was a kid, I've been amazed by serial killers. Well, the fictional ones, mostly. As a child, I would constantly watch horror movies and every single time, I would fall in love with the serial killer in the movie. I've always had a thing for masked ones especially. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up, I would even joke about it and say "I want to be a serial killer when I'm 30!" (Yes, I'm THAT weird, get over it). Now that I think about it, I haven't done much in my career choice,  but hey, I still have 6 more years to practice and perfect it right? (*insert evil laughter here*) Anyways, my mom used to forbid me from watching horror movies, because they would affect me badly, but I would always find my way into watching them and I still carry the consequences of it as a part of me: I can never, ever sleep in the dark, and I'm drop dead scared of being in the dark, alone.

When I grew up and became a teenager, horror movies turned to horror books. This time, it was not the looks (!), but the brains that impressed me about serial killers. I wanted to learn how their brains worked, wanted to understand their ways of thinking. I even wanted to meet one in person and ask him/her questions to get to know them better, in person. My interest in masks remained unchanged though, it just expanded to include different type of media, such as the music band Slipknot (don't judge me, okay?). 

Now I'm 24 and this mask obsession still grows on me. It's now spread to characters in video games, such as Ezio in Assassin's Creed series. (I know it's a hood! It still counts since you can't see half of his face, so shut up.)

I'll be a sweet girl and give you a secret. For the boys out there who like me but are too shy to open up to me, here is an insider tip, just wear a mask and I'm all yours.






*A wild weird horse mask guy appears*: 'Sup babe?






Oookay, I take back everything I said about masks.
This thing is... It's just... I mean... Seriously, what the hell is that? You are a disgrace to the mask world, horse mask!

Ahem, back to my original point... Which I'm not sure if I even have one anymore... You know what? I'm done. This was supposed to be a post on Dexter, but it turned out be a really meaningless, creepy, serial killer and horse mask post. How can a post can stray off this way? Go home post, you're drunk. I'm calling it a night.

But this isn't over, Dexter. I WILL write about you.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment